Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Okay Update #3:
They did the reprogramming last night and this morning they ran their tests.
Unfortunately the car failed the test. So they've now got BMW HQ here in S.A to reprogram it wirelessly from their side. (Apparently this happens with a few of the cars because they were manufactured and built in Germany). I am a bit irritated by this but hopefully tomorrow it's all sorted, If not, I'm going to demand a loan car from them to use over the weekend.
Update #4:

Well BMW HQ tried one last time to reprogram my car. Unfortunately they failed once again. However I spoke to the MD and asked him what is actually going on as I had a sneaking suspicion that there was something more serious going on. He told me that once they had replaced all fuel injectors and spark plugs they reprogrammed the car but during that first reprogram they blew the motherboard of the vehicle therefore non of the radio/idrive functions work in the car. They tried to recover it today but they couldn't so now they've had to order a whole brand new radio system from BMW Germany. This can take up to 21 days to get to South Africa.

Luckily BMW HQ has given my dealer permission to give me a loan car, hopefully the equivalent of my vehicle and I'm hoping it doesn't take 21 days. I can't live without it for 21 days. I'm gonna miss this Blue Beauty!
Attached Images

Last edited by Avian; 05-30-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0