10-31-2023, 10:22 AM   #72
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorll View Post
I was also in Toronto on that trip, the metro area has deteriorated but not as bad as Montreal. The roads in Oakville, Burlinton, Hamilton are still in decent shape unlike the West Island of Montreal. Cars stolen in Montreal are Toyota's, Lexus, Ford F-150's and and few others. Do a simple Google search for "Montreal Car theft". Like I said, every night there was a car stolen for 4 nights in a row. Other Hotels in Montreal experiencing the same issue, even those with underground garages downtown. Toronto has similar issues with car theft but not as severe. It's really bad for tourism, residents should demand action from their police force.
I live just north of Toronto do my best to stay out of Toronto/416 area code in general. Usually anything north of the 416 area code bounds is good quality pavement as the maintenance is much better, plus the infrastructure itself is not as old. My office is just a few intersections south of that "border" and by now I know where all the potholes are along any of my usual routes. All I can say that rim and tire protection already paid for itself. Still nowhere close to Montreal in terms of roads, what they have going on there is just criminal, maybe the mob is slicing too much off the top lol.

As for insurance, due to a rash of car thefts/carjackings, insurance premiums have started going up for people renewing their policies, so far I've seen dobule digit % increases for claimsfree drivers with spotless records. Last time my car was at the dealer and they couldn't provide a loaner, they took me to enterprise rentals and I was told I was lucky to be getting a car since they had several stolen the past week and the only reason I lucked out is that they got a brand new one arrive and hour prior to me showing up.
Appreciate 1
Condorll219.50