JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Welcome and please see my responses in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of ordering my M2C and prior to ordering I thought I'd ask a question or two from fellow members that are more experienced, and this thread looks to be it.

1) can prices be negotiated prior to order being placed? If so, can the negotiated price be locked-in to prevent it from protential price fluctuation when it arrives?

Absolutely, you should know exactly what you will be paying for the car, if you do plan to order it. Think of it as you're buying a car off the lot, except you can't take delivery until 4 months later.

Once you place an order, that car will be effectively allocated only to you. The dealer will request you pay a deposit. However, if you chose to rescind, you're entitled to have the money back. Some dealer may only give you back a portion of your deposit, for example, if it is a specialty build with individual options, but this would not be the case on a M2C. The price you agreed on at the time of order is the price you pay. There will not be any price fluctuation because you will have the OTD price in writing. The only fluctuation is if you decide to add tire protection package, additional insurance and assorted add-ons the dealers usually try to sell.

2) has anyone done the M Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina? is it worth doing that as an experience upon delivery?

I did it last year when I picked up my X5. It was a phenomenal experience and I would highly recommend it. I would not special order a BMW without this option. There are many threads on PCD, if you want a taste of what you will be getting yourself into

Your CA will need to complete PCD paperwork and submit to the performance center to sign up. There are no additional cost incurred for this. However, PCD cannot he scheduled until after your car has arrived at port and has completed customs and VPC

3) bmwusa.com doesn't have the whole M Performance line listed out (example M Performance Steering wheel), is this something BMW will add at the factory or the port? Just out of curiosity, what happens to the original parts after purchasing M Performance Parts? do they just keep it for themselves?

You can go to ShopBMWUSA to get a list of accessories to add to your car: https://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-PERFO...IaAnyUEALw_wcB

The accessories will be added at port and will show up on your window sticker at the time of delivery. If you order the accessories as part of your build, the original parts will be disposed of during the install at port. You will not be given them even though you have effectively paid for both standard and accessory parts

And just a side note, they're ETA is minimum 4 months.. wonderful lol

Thank you!!!!
Appreciate 1