JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atronlol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
When I say OTD fees, you must add tax, doc, misc. fees. Keep in mind, without it, dealers can give you some discount to thr actual price of the car. But charge you $800 for doc fees. Which in some states should only be $100.

I use this as my reference for doc fees: http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/4...by-state.shtml

And you negotiate from the MSRP. So you have plenty of lead way and should not pay what you see. Just give you some context, I negotiated two M2Cs. The first one had an MSRP of $63.5K. I was able to get them down to $59,500 OTD (this is the number you write as a check). This equates to about 11% off.

The second deal I got 7.5% off MSRP, OTD came out to be around 7%

In the end, I would shot for 5-10% off OTD, depending on market, configuration and vehicle age on lot.
Understood about the OTD price, its out the door and exactly what you pay at the end. I was stuck thinking that since we had the pricing guide and "MSRP" that it was non negotiable. Now I see that you have wiggle room at MSRP!
Thanks again for all the information!
Everything is negotiable. Including the added features at the end (eg. Extended maintenance, wheel and tire package, etc.)