View Single Post
      06-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #70
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I can tell you don't understand sales. A good salesperson doesn't push incessantly; they display the potential value in what they're selling.

That being said... I didn't want any accessories, warranties, or service plans when I bought my F30. Because I know the sales mentality I approached it as follows.

I had all my stuff together when I was ready to buy. I didn't need the salesperson to so much as walk away from his desk. I already did my research as to exactly what I wanted and had competitive offers in writing. I didn't even need to talk about financing. I showed up on the last day of the month (and quarter, and year coincidentally (it was New Years Eve)). This relayed a clear message to the salesperson... I was ready to be closed and didn't need to be sold. We had a brief discussion over about $125 of dealer fees and we had a deal. He then passed me to an assistant write up my special order.

Moral of the story? Make it super quick and easy for the salesperson to get a sale and move on. This way they're more-willing to; and feel better about making a skinny deal.
Why don't you snag an M2 Comp at invoice towards the end of this month and have the roof swapped out. Like they say sales "money talks, bullshit walks"
Appreciate 0