04-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #34
David@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Is this car DCT or 6MT? Curious, as based upon the weight, I would assume 6MT.
6MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
Lol. Bimmerpost with the typos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Did I hear group buy pricing for the exhaust tips?
Maaaaaybe. Andrew put up a thread in the sales section. I'll get with him tomorrow to see what we can do about intro pricing for the M2 tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
Looks good boys keep it up -Justin
Thanks Justin! I heard you guys have some stuff in the works as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks View Post
Yes!

The car definitely needs 18s (with not such a low offset) and a drop. Looking forward to where this build is taken.
The plan is a square 18" setup with 275/35/18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
So what do you guys think of a good wheel size/offset (square setup) for the track?

would 18x10 et 25 work? (with suspension/camber)

thanks
franklin
We haven't quite spec'd all of that out yet. Ideally we want to run 275/35/18 square with 18x10. I think et25 will be too aggressive though. From what I can tell the rear will need to be closer to 35 and the front will need to be closer to 30 with some camber.

With a street tire we'd like to run close to -2.5* camber up front and -1.5* in the rear but we'll see what's necessary to fit the wheel/tire combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Subscribed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3st View Post
Yea, it's 6spd.
DCT is so 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
wow. the m2 can swallow wheels. i imagine some people who lower this thing will be putting 19x10s and 19x12s on it with some stretch and track guys will be doing 18x10 easily. with the power and size of this car and how it can handle, seems this is an evolution of the e46m3

love the white!
The rear will fit a pretty big wheel/tire. There isn't as much room as the M4, but with the stock wheel and tire there is about 20mm of room on the inside between the tire and the shock, and I'd say about 15mm of room on the outside.
Appreciate 3