Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I've been using a Aim Solo DL 2 with an original Smarty Cam for several years now.

I agree 100% with ZM2 that the Garmin product for almost everyone on these boards is a great new performance toy.

Its $1700 for the DL & SM together.

This is $1000.

The AIM unit has tooooo much info but very useful for drivers looking to find that last little bit of time. Otherwise this Garmin unit looks like a great tool.

I'm going to sell my SOLO DL 2 and pick one of these up. My Smarty Cam crapped out 2 yrs ago. Can't wait to see how it does Oct 9-10 when I'm up at Tamworth...
While SOLO DL+Gopro is right around 1000 bucks and provide way better video stabilization and comprehensive data analysis.

But LMK if you're really selling the SOLO DL2
Yeah, I run the solo 2 dl with gopro. The smartcam is trash IMO. for the price, you get 720p video and 30fps with basically no stabilization.

You can get a cheapo hero 5 and do better in the video.

The only advantage to using the Smartycam is the seamless integration of overlays. No need to do it in racerender after the fact.

That being said, the aim software itself is utter trash.

I see the Garmin catalyst and a good tool for those who do not already have an aim setup. It's definately easier to use. But as I mentioned before, I don't see this replacing my solo unit.
Appreciate 2
ZM22785.00
bentom2335.50