View Single Post
      09-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #12
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

My wife had a Solo2 DL installed in her Cayman over the winter. So far, it has served as a really expensive lap timer. I think I get more out of Harry’s at this point. She just started trying to dive into the data using track attack a few weeks ago. I looked over her shoulder and the squiggly lines, days later it seems like more than I have the patience to decipher. There’s a steep learning curve, and a certain personality type to fully benefit from raw telemetry.

I resemble the person Krause is talking about in the quote I posted above. The Garmin appears to operate at my level, and more importantly, in the moment, so I can take advantage of the information it provides.

I think being able to experiment with several lines through a particular section on successive laps in a session, then spot what worked without having to pit, plug in to a laptop, compare, then go back out and try to remember what you wanted to change, will accelerate progress and learning by quite a bit.

Or at least that’s what I hope. I’m doing a good job of convincing my self to buy one.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50