View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #18
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yeah it really is a disaster. A lot of the schools I work with fucked up their ability to even do distance learning because the board of eds dragged their feet when approving budgets for laptop purchases. Now students and staff won't get laptops in time because they are all back ordered.

The public schools I work with are so afraid of lawsuits they will bend to the squeaky wheel parents no matter what the cost from fear of getting sued. So all you parents who will be upset when schools close down again... look to those in your town who are making a stink.

A school nurse at one of the districts I work with got sued last year because an 8th grader (13 years old) burned themselves with an ice pack because they held it on their leg for too long after the nurse gave them specific instructions on what to do. The parent sued and won.
Are you serious? Well, I think the nurse should be covered under the liability insurance of the school or at least the nurse should be. When I was doing volunteer EMS work, I was covered by my station's liability insurance and layered on top of that was the Good Samaritan Law.
Appreciate 0