CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Point 5 is so spot on and sad. The private school my daughter is attending does temperature checks on every kid that enters the school. None of the parents have made a stink about their measures. We used to be able to have unfettered access to our kids at school. The admins suspended that access to err on the side of caution. I agree with this. This whole situation has opened my eyes about public schools and private/charter schools. The whole voucher debate issue. This nonsense would stop when you have to pay for the school and the administration of said school has the latitude to tell you to pound sand if you don't agree to the rules.

On the IT front, it remains to be seen how this roll out is going to happen. All the school systems around here are saying Chrome books are being distributed along with hot spots if there is no Internet at home. You and I know this is watching the proverbial train wreck that is about to happen.

Oh and we have an appointed public official going on a power trip in Montgomery County, MD. He issued a declaration that private schools would have to shut down last week. Governor Hogan slapped him down on that saying the private schools have the right to determine for themselves if they'll open. Then this turd picks another law to enforce his edict. The parents affected are suing the county now.
Yeah it really is a disaster. A lot of the schools I work with fucked up their ability to even do distance learning because the board of eds dragged their feet when approving budgets for laptop purchases. Now students and staff won't get laptops in time because they are all back ordered.

The public schools I work with are so afraid of lawsuits they will bend to the squeaky wheel parents no matter what the cost from fear of getting sued. So all you parents who will be upset when schools close down again... look to those in your town who are making a stink.

A school nurse at one of the districts I work with got sued last year because an 8th grader (13 years old) burned themselves with an ice pack because they held it on their leg for too long after the nurse gave them specific instructions on what to do. The parent sued and won.
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5139.00
Hawkeye2069.50