09-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #769
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
This is clearly subjective, and I do hope it sounds better than the base f80's. Hopefully on par with comp pack or M4CS sound.

But honestly I don't think it's as bad as most opinions on here.

I had the chance to swap with an M2 owner; me in his N55 M2 with MPE and him in my 1M with MadDad mid pipes. I was excited to drive the M2 and also hear the MPE. Honestly, close your eyes and all I can think of is Ford F-350 diesel! Not sure what everyone is so excited about. I wasn't impressed with the N55 sound.
All in all... i have never heard a group of dudes talking about how impressed they were with BMW's exhaust. Sound doesn't seem to come up during BMW discussions.
When i said sportcat on an M2 is perfect, I meant that it is a great match for that car. The list is long and destinguished( like my j@#n$@n) of cars that sound better than the M2. I definitely like the M2 sound better than the M3/M4. IMO M3/M4 are too raspy and clicky- no personality, if that makes any sense. Honestly cringe-worthy when i hear it out in public. I hope BMW knows it to be a problem and are working to rectify