View Single Post
      08-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #25
ChrisWalks
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
How far away was he when he tested it? According to this

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...5.&article=2.5.

(a) The Department of Motor Vehicles shall not register on a dealer’s report of sale a new motor vehicle, except an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification as provided in Division 16.5 (commencing with Section 38000), which produces a maximum noise exceeding the applicable noise limit at a distance of 50 feet from the centerline of travel under test procedures established by the Department of the California Highway Patrol.

Seems like this is also a rule intended to be applicable to the sale of such vehicles. I don't buy for a second that cars with factory exhaust modes are blanket illegal in CA when so many modern sports cars have them.
He was basically right behind the car. I don't understand this though. Here it says 50 feet, but every youtube video I've seen says it should be 20 inches away from the exhaust tip. Either way he didn't use a tape measure so I'll also argue that his test is flawed since he just eye balled the distance, and he was was not at a 45 degree angle either.

Donut Media testing method at 4:17

Appreciate 1
Saintjah121.50