05-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #5
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow m2c View Post
Hi all,

I purchased a Sunset Orange (6spd) M2C about a month ago. So far I have really enjoyed the car, and it is immeasurably more engaging than my S4.

I have seen several questions arise about the newly released Dinan exhaust for the M2C, so I figured I would chime in since I had mine installed yesterday. Before I delve into the details, I would like to say that I am not an aftermarket exhaust expert. I haven't had an aftermarket exhaust installed on a car in well over ten years (college). With that said, I did have an Akrapovic slip-on installed on one of my S1000r's. The carbon actually faded over the three years I owned the bike, but the exhaust sounded incredible. I also briefly owned a Harley with an aftermarket exhaust and engine work; it sounded like a loud Harley.

Now that I have established that I am not an exhaust connoisseur, the Dinan exhaust in comfort mode is still relatively quiet, but it has a slightly deeper tone than stock. In Sport+ mode, the exhaust isn't obnoxious, but it is definitely louder. One thing that could be off-putting to some, the burbles and pops are certainly more prominent. The only other issue I could potentially see would be for those seeking exhaust tip aesthetics. Luckily for you, aftermarket options are available.

Sorry for the tangent on the exhaust, but I figured you all were well aware of how awesome this little car is.

Also, I have found Bimmerpost to be extremely helpful (lurking since my 135i many years ago), and far more civil than Audizine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow m2c View Post
Hi all,

I purchased a Sunset Orange (6spd) M2C about a month ago. So far I have really enjoyed the car, and it is immeasurably more engaging than my S4.

I have seen several questions arise about the newly released Dinan exhaust for the M2C, so I figured I would chime in since I had mine installed yesterday. Before I delve into the details, I would like to say that I am not an aftermarket exhaust expert. I haven't had an aftermarket exhaust installed on a car in well over ten years (college). With that said, I did have an Akrapovic slip-on installed on one of my S1000r's. The carbon actually faded over the three years I owned the bike, but the exhaust sounded incredible. I also briefly owned a Harley with an aftermarket exhaust and engine work; it sounded like a loud Harley.

Now that I have established that I am not an exhaust connoisseur, the Dinan exhaust in comfort mode is still relatively quiet, but it has a slightly deeper tone than stock. In Sport+ mode, the exhaust isn't obnoxious, but it is definitely louder. One thing that could be off-putting to some, the burbles and pops are certainly more prominent. The only other issue I could potentially see would be for those seeking exhaust tip aesthetics. Luckily for you, aftermarket options are available.

Sorry for the tangent on the exhaust, but I figured you all were well aware of how awesome this little car is.

Also, I have found Bimmerpost to be extremely helpful (lurking since my 135i many years ago), and far more civil than Audizine.
Congrats and thank you for sharing the dinan exhaust info. I'm have the same color as yours and thinking to do the same. Can you take a picture of the rear to share how visible of the muffler when you get a chance. Thank you
Appreciate 0