sevenmarc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Hello to all,
Yes I am a newby and this is my first post. The other site I was on was just too general and did not have a specific category for my M235i.
In response to your question whether or not should you buy an M2 that is a tough one. I know about the frustrations with buying a car and then modding it only to hit the proverbial "Glass Ceiling".
Myself I was in a similar situation but mine was whether I should buy an M4, (still think it should be called an M3). But a good used one from a 16' to 18' was going to set me back at least $65k for a used one. I ended up buying a 2015 one-owner lease return for $33k with only 32k on it. The only option it was missing was the M-diff or LSD that sells from BMW for right around $2,400. I got very lucky and found one from a total with only 9k on it and for $1,250 delivered to my house. This is a list of the upgrades I have done to the car.
Dinan dual-core intercooler
Dinan CF CAI
Berger Motorsports charge pipe
Berger Motorsports dual baffle oil catch can
Berger Motorsports Billet Oil housing cap
Berger Motorsports Sport Oil cooler valve
P3 Gauges left-side vent digital gauge
VRSF (Speed Factory) 200 CEL down-pipe
VF Engineering HEX Tuning Stage II
R1 Concepts drilled & slotted w/Aluminum hat rotors front and rear
Stop Tech pads F&R

After all of this with a total price tag easily under $5k I took the car from 305 WHP and 328 WTQ to a reasonable 370.37 WHP and 449.32 WTQ. This is with all bolt-on upgrades nothing internal or taking more than about 3.5 hrs max install time. The differential took the longest next to the inter-cooler. My next move is a water/meth injection kit and maybe even swapping out to a bigger turbo and a different waste-gate.
So in the end for $25k less, granted that is for a new 2016 M2, I feel what I paid for my car and how much I put into it was a good decision for me. Like I said if I was to change cars it would be for a low-mile used M3 Coupe.
David
Wow, your car sounds like a beast, well done! VF Engineering seems to do good work, I can only imagine how much that tune woke your car up. Enjoy it! Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Appreciate 0