Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
One of these days I'm going to drive cross country just to hit that road.

Fortunately I do have some pretty awesome twisties in my backyard (Santa Cruz mountains, Isle of 9, Skyline, Bonny Doon, etc) that are also pretty iconic drives to tide me over in the meantime.
I have some great twisty roads near my home as well, but The Dragon is a whole different thing. It's not just the 318 curves in 11 miles, it's that it's relentless. To be honest, I would prefer it to be more like 7-9 miles, which is comfortable. Those last 2 or 3 miles are like damn, when is this going to end??

The best part was that the M has so much torque that you can literally leave the car in 3rd gear and just concentrate on finding a rhythm. You can, between corners, get to 4th gear, but then you have to hit the binders so hard that it just becomes a fight. 3rd gear all the way, find the rhythm, and have a damn good time.

The other thing about The Dragon is the surrounding area, which is utterly fantastic for scenery, and roads.

The worst part is the motorcycle drivers (by far), or people that think it's a tourist road.
Appreciate 0