02-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #41
hz101
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight as I have neither tune being discussed however I thought it was common knowledge the Carbahn (Dinan) didn't produce as much power as other tunes due to them wanting to provide a safer tune thus less chance of having a warranty engine claim against them. If that is in fact not true then I wonder why it's a common misconception?
Exactly! Carbahn/Dinan understand what the limits of these cars are and make tunes on the conservative side so they can offer a warranty without incurring a huge financial loss in case there are many warranty claims.

But the other tuners out there have a different strategy. They are targeting customers who are willing to take more risks at the expense of more features and more power, etc. If, as Mike claims, the warranty is simply a marketing strategy to sell more tunes, then why haven't more tuners like BM3 gone that route? They could sell a heck of a lot more tunes by offering a warranty just for the OTS maps. But they don't because they know that their tunes are riskier as they are offer more features and higher performance.

I reiterate my point that one tune is not better than the other simply because of more features etc. There is a market for both those who prefer more features and those who prefer safety.
Appreciate 0