02-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #30
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
just to give a back ground Carbahn is owned by steve dinan. A few years ago he sold his shares of Dinan to start Carbahn so he can go racing and work on more individual project cars rather then develop mass market parts.

I listen to Steve Dinan speak on a few podcasts and he's a very smart guy. He one of the first people BMW trusted to provide aftermarket support for BMWs.

I'm fully confident his tunes are very reliable, from his interviews it seems he's going more for the OEM+ type market...hence why he charges more and offers warranty to provide that insurance that the car will last as long as oem warranty.

BM3/MHD is more of people who want as much power as possible and have value.

I would say there different niches within the same market.

Hence the above arguments are pointless since there meant for different types of buyers.
I never said Steve is not a good tuner or his tunes are not reliable. Please check my conversation with OP. He explained he wants Carbahn because of warranty and I understood his decision and wished him luck.

The argument is about the reliability of Bootmod3, hz101 claims it's not as reliable as Carbahn without any proof.

Other than that part, I agree with everything you said.

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 02-24-2020 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0