Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Do you have any data supporting your claim that Carbahn is safer?

If you decide you want to push your turbos past its max and choose to get a custom map which does so, that's on you, not the tune. OTS bootmod3 maps are as reliable as you can get.

You determine which tune is better by comparing features, safety, power, support. I'm going to assume safety is the same, although a lot more people use bootmod3.

Bootmod3 has Carbahn beat in everything else, and it's not even close.
Carbahn offers a warranty in case there is a failure because of their tune. Do you have any data to support that OTS BM3 maps are just as safe? They could at least offer a warranty for those maps.

There is a clear conflict of interest in your argument. This forum needs to be better moderated to take into account forum members looking to sell stuff vs those providing factual information.
I agree with your wholeheartedly..

I don't know how safe Carbahn or BM3 tunes are, so it would not be fair for me to speculate on it's reliability but when I'm at an official dealer and they have Dinan (Carbahn spin-off) posters plaster all over the service waiting area, common sense will tell you that they put their trust in that produce and by extension, so could the consumer.

In spite of Dinan/Carbahn supplementary warranty coverage, a franchise dealer still has a fiduciary responsibility to the consumer and BMW in ensuring that any product they are endorsing is safe and reliable to the vehicle.

BM3 can push as much power and boost as they like, possible beyond the limitations of the motor or its handing and still operate with impunity, should your vehicle fail, as a result of the added strain.

This is so self-explanatory, not even sure why it's in dispute..
Appreciate 1
hz101171.00