View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by meady100 View Post
I'm dreaming to believe I can pursue this, aren't I?
If you approach it in a very philosophical way, you got yourself the same '50% chance' as tossing a coin: either you get it or you don't get it.

Seriously though, as it looks that you are in a pretty weak position from an evidential point of view, remember the saying that "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar": raise the question in a very polite way with your dealer. Also depending on your customer profile for possible future services (preserve customer satisfaction), who knows that he may cut you some ex gratia courtesy deal (usually rather in kind than in money) ?

Last week, I noticed that I had lost a tiny screw of a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. Impossible to wear those anymore. I visited an eye wear shop with my 12-yr old daughter and asked the sales person if he could help me out. "Let me fix that for you, Sir", he kindly replied, and took the glasses to the back of his shop, quickly fitted a new screw, cleaned the glasses and returned those to me. I offered to pay for the service, but he refused ("You're good, Sir. It's just a screw."). Subsequently, I told my daughter in front of the sales person to go find me inside the shop a pair of quality sunglasses. She chose a pair of Persol sunglasses. I paid and left the shop telling my daughter to always care about people who care for you.