View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
It's too bad we're not closer to each other. I would love to see this in person to get a better handle on how it works. Also, at this point I'm inferring that Justin's solution works like the video.

In a perfect world, the car would just revert to a lower boost level once the meth is gone vs completely staying off boost.
Where in CA are you? Do you never get up to NorCal?

That's what I'm trying to design; a piggyback boost reducer. That way you can have your car tuned for Meth, and then either switch the system off for a 'valet' mode, or let the fail-safe kick in and still be drivable, but at a reduced load.

The system I've made so far works for part throttle, but at WOT you get some hunting where the throttle plate closes, EWG dumps boost but only for about half a second before building pressure again.

I think I've made two mistakes with the system so far - 1 is that it's too agressive, it basically doubles the apparent boost until clipping at ~21psi. This means that by the time you're at 10psi of boost, the DME sees 20pst, which is probably too much. The second issue is that the region where clipping occurs is too large. It starts clipping at 21psi when the engine is really producing 10.5psi, and anything over that shows at 21.

I'm working on a new version of the controller now which should track an adjustable amount of psi above truth, and start testing at say 3psi above reality?

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
M2OG400.00