07-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #18
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post

Checkout that video
Ahhh... That sort of fail-safe is what I'm calling 'in-elegant'. It's very easy to achieve this with almost any meth controller on the market that has some sort of fail-safe switching output.

To achieve a drive-train error, which will indeed protect your engine, all you need to do is to disconnect either the TMAP MAP sensor wire, or the EWG position sensor wire. In both of these cases, you'll get a CEL error that the sensor has shorted to positive (there is a hold up resistor, so that in absence of a signal, the DME sees it as a short to positive), along with a drive-train error.

Aquamist's default installation instructions do this by using a relay in their controller to switch the EWG sensor wire to 5v, but I'm working on a solution that doesn't cause a CEL.

So far, what I've been able to do is bias the TMAP sensor voltage high, so that the DME sees a higher boost voltage than is really there. I'm not getting a cell, and the car is slower, but at WOT, there are some isses still.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0