10-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post

Why doubt the M egnineers..?
Because they are lead by non-engineers...!

And, it is not; "What M-car has been poop" ..? It was that they current M's are not well liked.. since the e46. Or, not what long-time followers envisioned/imagined they want.

People DO NOT have to adapt to newer/different driving dynamic.
Manufacturers have to provide dynamics that the people want. BMW M-division is trying to force people into a Marketing ring.. while others are waiting to see if the M2 follows suite, or breaks from the circle.

That is why soooo many people are waiting, hinged on the M2 announcements. Because for a great many... the M2 is the ONLY thing keeping people around BMW's camp. If the M2 doesn't provide, many are leaving BMW brand forever, because the 10+ year wait is killing most of us.

The 1M has been the only excitement from BMW M in 10 years.. (Thnx DR. Segler).
Everyone has their opinions I guess. I've driven all sorts of M cars (and own an E36 M3 and E92 M3), and I have to say I enjoy the new M cars. The F80 is too big for me, but I won't deny that it's a great car that drives great. Yea you might not like the E9x or the F8x, but to say that there's been no good cars is weird, especially when they get great reviews from what I've seen. Not to mention that I've driven them and actually really liked them.

My question is this: What are you going to move to? I'd love to be in a Porsche, but that is not even the same price bracket. American muscle? Apart from the Vette (which is only a 2 seater), I can't think of a car I'd actually REALLy want. Can't see myself driving a Lotus either.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0