03-18-2024, 11:20 AM   #9
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
medphysdave the answers to your questions are yes, no, and maybe...

rbahr put it perfectly when he said suspensions are a collection of solutions that are really compromises. Essentially what we are doing is trying to find the least worst set of compromises for any given situation. When you are talking about a dual usage car there are a whole lot of situations you have to try to account for. Even singular focus builds (street vs track dedicated) are a series of finding the best compromises to complete the task as best as possible.

On the F87 I believe the best money spent is in dampers (which is why I started down that path with Nitron). Using the dual usage setup as an example - we worked the dampers to deliver what we found was the best mix of street manners and performance for us. For us is key as we are all a bit different in our preferences but I do think it translates to others in this case. But while the improvement in the dampers fixes some of the issues they are still a compromise in other areas. If you lower the car the stock geometry has now been compromised. Now if you address this situation you have now possibly opened up the door for increase NVH. So do you just keep heading down this path until you have a race car or do you at some point call it good and stay put? For each of us that answer is for sure different. My tolerance for a harsh car that is driven quite a bit on the street is very low - I'm past those days of beating myself up regularly. On occasion I'm ok with it for sure - but [...]
Thanks for taking the time to write that up. I think aero would be a step too far for me with this car. After the suspension upgrades I plan to get on track more. I'll see where that takes . E.

When the time comes to order the e-trons what info should I be prepared to have in hand regarding current state and end goals of modifications?