View Single Post
      11-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Tough choice. The 7d is a tricky beast to get to know, and can give pretty poor results if you are not familiar with it. The files can get pretty noisy.

The 50d is a fine camera, but not much different than the 40D, although I believe it has micro adjust for lenses.

The 60d has a tilt screen LCD, which might sound like a gimmick at first, but after using one on my Sony Nex, they come in very handy in tight shooting situations, especially ones you might encounter in Europe. The price of sd cards is ridiculously low these days, even for good ones,so I wouldn't let that count against it.

I guess it's out of your range, bur the brand new 70d,really would be the thing to get to be future proof. It's about $1,050 for body only at the moment.

So, if it was me, and I didn't want to spend more than 600, I would go with the 60, but all the cameras you listed will take great photos.
The 7D is an amazing value for the money right now. The focus on it is probably the best of the bunch, all of the cameras the OP mentioned only have 1 cross type af point (in the center). OP, if you like shooting with larger apertures, you'll have a great time with the 7D. I have and still use it as a 2nd/3rd body when shooting events. That said, the 60D, do 90% of what the 7D does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
What lenses do you use the most? What do you use the camera for?

If its for the trip only and every day stuff i'd say get a Fuji X100
+1, they are so cheap now used. Probably can find one for <$600. After getting one i almost never bring an slr on vacation or to personal gatherings. It's low light performance, usability and IQ is great.
Appreciate 0