Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Driver View Post
WOW!

If I understood your post correctly, you've got a driveway price on a Built-to-Order, 2020-built M2C starting with an eight ($8x,xxx) is THE BEST price I have heard so far. Congratulations!!

Did your price include the BMW financing offer that knocks off $5,000? I'm not sure if that is still offered.

Any tips you can share with other, future readers, regarding your negotiation technique or buying tips? Did you ask your dealer, their best price? OR did you tell them what you were willing to pay?

Now the wait begins!! May hey? I'm April and I can't wait.

Congratulations once again.
All correct, and no, no finance offer.

My employer corporate relationship with BMW certainly helps, and i have a relationship with the dealer already.

In regards to a negotiation, my tips would agree with a few posted in here already and others i would not do. IMO opinion dont ever say what your willing to pay, cause you wont ever beat your "willingness" price by much. That said, every situation is different. There's no right or wrong way... Above all else be absolutely willing to walk away.

Im no expert negotiatior, the fact i was unwilling to take anything but a manual transmission probably helped too (there were no manuals at all in Aus available in the dealer network).

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 1