01-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #9
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

Really? This is what your'e talking about, right?

Yes, I did have a look again tonight with the original OEM wiper blades vs the Icons. I hadn't noticed how much more plastic there was on the wiper blade part rather than the arm attachment point. I do now see the size difference but I can't say that I particularly noticed the size difference on the car. I don't think the extra plastic moves the arm further away from the glass, i.e. height of the mounting point is the same but there is more plastic running along the wiper blade at the attachment point.

Actually I found the OEM blades were usually least effective at arm attachment point (i.e. they'd often leave a streak there while the ends of the blades would sweep cleanly) and the Icons are better. Of course, this isn't really a fair comparison since I'm using new Icons vs 2+ year old OEM (although I noticed the poor cleaning at the attachment for the last year).

I would offer to take a photo the next time I take the car out but unfortunately I'm not really seeing any daylight with the car at the moment, my commute to and from the train station is always in the dark at the moment.
Appreciate 0