View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Maybe just give the window a thorough clean with a proprietary cleaner and then fit new blades.

If it went into a spray booth at any point during the repairs the wipers may have been exposed to a variety of solvents which might also have deposited on the glass.

HTH
No over-spray I've noticed. But thanks for the insight. I'm gonna redo the ceramic coating this spring, which involves polishing the window. So hopefully that helps. I can probably hold off on new blades until then too. It's just a small top section of the passenger side that streaks, and the chattering I can live with as it's only in certain conditions it appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
make sure youre cleaning your wiper blades too. Personally I find the OEM blades very good but we don't have the same weather and salt over here california
I wipe them with a microfiber when I manually wash the car. When going through the auto wash, I run the wipers a few times in an attempt to clean them. I'm wondering if I can find a more durable squeegee material strip and slide that into the current frames. Maybe I could've taken the squeegee out of the RainX blades I purchased and used that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I found the mounting bracket for the Bosch Icons to be very similar to OEM
Really? This is what your'e talking about, right?

Appreciate 0