Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
The main reason for me deciding to pull out was the price. The depreciation we've seen on the M3/M4CS didn't initially help with my decision but based on the possible low UK allocation I don't think that'll be an issue any more. I think it'll be a cracking car but ultimately it comes down to price.

Regarding UK allocations. Tony Lewis aka TRL (well known sales guy for a BMW dealer) mentioned allocations had been made last Friday on another forum. He said 2 cars per dealer. When I spoke with my dealer (Park Lane) yesterday they said the UK allocation was 50 and that not all dealers had been allocated cars. How true all of these figures are, I don't know. There's no harm in speaking to your dealer yourself and asking the question about UK allocations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
We're going to visit the dealership tomorrow. At the moment we're favouring going ahead.
If you don't mind me asking, what was behind you getting your deposit back at this late stage, especially since you placed it prior to the launch of the OG M2?!
On the other hand, I completely understand if you do not wish to disclose that.
Having discussed allocations at length I have confirmation (in writing) from BMW UK that there is 104 M2CS for the UK market and as you rightly say, not all dealers got an allocation and even the odd dealer group didn't even get one.
Appreciate 0