Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
No charge pipe or other changes to the car at all.

I haven't felt any differences in response or anything. That doesn't mean there could be some differences but I haven't been able to feel any so if there is it must be very small.
Cheers.

I definitely recommend doing the charge pipe - it'll give you insurance against a blow out/cracked pipe and also improve the air flow. I wasn't expecting anything, but noticed improved throttle response from the charge pipe alone.

I did try do88 charge pipe, but theyve had a batch of charge pipes released with too much paint on the throttle body end internal surface - I could not get it to go on at all - now with another brand (forge),although I wish the do88 had fitted as I could see it was going to be slightly better for max air flow.
Charge pipe might help if it's bigger ID and smoother bore - both features of ER boost pipes hence why I opted for ER.

Pure hi Flo inlet pipe definitely helps offset any lagginess from large IC.

I was dubious about GFB DV+ initially and at <75% throttle and under say 4500rpm it's negligible. At WOT and in top third of rev range - response is better than stock (diaphragm may flutter) at higher boost and higher rpms which might prompt DME to react.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0