03-21-2019, 05:31 AM   #111
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Everyone seems to be afraid of the "unfulfilled power potential" of their car and is extremely happy to know you add more aggression to the OTS. But really they're trading power consistency for it.

From new logs, I don't really think US 93OCT is able to handle V5.7 on hot days. I even doubt Dinan turbo be enough to do it. Guys here must be much more excited than worried to hear that and cannot wait to try V5.7. Human nature.

Though I'm sure in Europe with better gas and cooler temp, V5.7 works very well.

To my standard, with western USA pump gas, V5.7 is over aggressive that it be best run with the STG2 turbo (bigger turbine and low manifold back pressure) which requires less octane for any given boost.

N55 is and has always been more of the little octane game, than anything else.
Safeties are still in meaning timing and load will be pulled at high intake air temps.

Also, what turbo are you referring to that has a lower backpressure? As far as I know, the M2 N55 market only has hybrids, are you 100% sure that these actually lower backpressure, any testing/data ? Remember, manifold is still the same.
Appreciate 0