View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 09:07 PM   #114
Old Geezer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcatchtomm View Post
Excited to join the M2 crew as of Saturday. Trying to be patient and break-in the car properly before I take it to any events, but I've found some in the next month or so. Happy to find a place to share thoughts and progress on setup but I'm surprised at the lack of available aftermarket wheels in the allowable diameter/width/offset for B Street. I was really hoping to try a double-staggered setup with 18x9 fronts and 19x10 rears with 275/35/18 up front and 305/30/19 rears to eliminate rubbing in the front and give as much rubber as possible to put power down. Doesn't seem like there is a single wheel that would allow that setup. I might just run a second pair of OEM 437M rears and aftermarket fronts at events.

I'm curious if anyone's tried running D-Force LTW5 on their F87 yet? They have high offset 18x9 +41 and 18x10 +43, which would work with spacers. And they're extremely light (18/19lbs). I know they're run on most other models but I'm not sure if there's a reason why they're not a top choice?
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-d_force-wheels-parts/d-force-ltw5-18-wheel-kit/dforceltw518kt~d/?pdk=EBI

Looks like the top M2 was running 18" Apex EC7 at Nationals based on the below picture:
No offense, but 1) Those don’t look like EC-7s; and 2) The BS champ was in a 1M, although the 2nd place M2 was close.

I’ve been running the EC-7s in BS-legal offsets on my ‘17, so I know those fit. The thing to keep in mind is that there is more to it than just the barrel inner diameter. The back side of the spokes has to clear the front calipers. That’s why the 18” EC-7s fit while the 18” ARC-8s do not.
Appreciate 0