View Single Post
      09-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #153
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
I'm with you mate. I'm in that current dilemma now. It really comes down to choice and being happy with the decision. I know that I could put myself out of misery and get the F80 and be satisfied I've got a complete full valued M car in my eyes and the only doubt to critique my decision would be is it too big, have I overstretched my budget the extra 20k aud and the M2 gets hailed as the perfect drivers car BMW has to offer and gets rave reviews. If I go M2 will I feel short changed not being satisfied with full M bits that make me feel good such as CF roof, seats and hood dome.

It's all a choice and how you interpret things now and after the fact. For me it's working out which is a priority and one I can be satisfied the most with so as not to look back. If I go F80 I need to stop following the M2 and not get involved in any potential hype that comes in the future.
Agreed! There's no doubt in my mind that the M2 will be the more fun car of the 2, I really believe that. However, the M3 will have more tuning potential (not that it needs more, nor that the M2 is not enough), has the cloth seats I actually want, and is a 4 door. I keep asking myself do I really want 3 coupes? Kind of redundant, even if they are all different cars to one another. But then again aiming to get a car just because it has 4 doors is pretty stupid too.

I guess what it'll come down to is how they price the M2. I have to feel like I'm getting my money's worth I guess.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0