View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 09:23 AM   #17
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Aye ! No worries, I think we're ok (OK I hope). It might be the photo but the filter housing (which is pretty small) actually sits higher than the OEM lines. Any more left and we'd be in that tunnel (exhaust, driveshaft) This also allows us to re-install the black flat panel which covers all this up nice and neat. If anything hits that area and tears through that cover, I suspect all the lines are at risk. That will be a bad day, filter or not. We did think about placing it higher up in the engine bay but that makes it a total pain to service. Since we're cellulose, we know that the filter will need to be changed periodically (sooner than if it were reusable material). Plus it's much less of a mess when you disconnect the lines. See how I'm convincing myself this is fine..

I do have one question that's bugging me about the LPFP line running up to the HPFP. I want to post it in the thread you started so others see what I'm observing as well as your thoughts. Dorch kind of avoided answering the question so I'm not sure if were just being overly cautious or it's nothing. Will post there.

Many thanks for all your help ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I forgot to mention this but you should have mounted the fuel filter in the transmission tunnel or up into the engine bay like I did on my m235i. This way there is absolutely no chance a speed bump or road debris can take out the filter, because if you mount it on the body then it's a low hanging point.
Appreciate 1
F87source7245.50