View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #21
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
But everything you said isn’t true - you have no proof this valve is lower than the stock valve - you are incorrect that it vents to the atmosphere (they have a plumb back version that vents back into the intake)

So yes, I am being dismissive because you have zero first hand knowledge of the product, if not incorrect information and you’re speaking in definitive terms.
I don't recall saying the valve is "lower than the stock valve" I don't even know what that means. If you're talking about me saying the turbosmart valve is inferior to the DV+ and OEM options... I did not say that either. I said that the mechanical differences I believe the turbosmart valve has are inferior the the DV+ and OEM options. If the mechanical difference I am seeing are incorrect, then the valve might not be inferior. There is a very distinct difference there, because they way you are taking it is making you get defensive. Thinking I am talking down on a product you like, when I am simply asking for clarifications.

"Everything you said isn't true" isn't a convincing argument. I went on turbosmart's website and see that the plumb back version does divert back into the system, so I was wrong about that. Would've been a ton easier if you had just showed me instead saying "you are wrong" without that. Which was only because the last thread about this product the guy was going on about how it vents entirely to atmosphere and how the turbosmart plumb back is superior because it vents to atmosphere. Which yes, in some cases a valve that vents to atmosphere is superior, but that's only when running HUGE turbos that need to vent off massive amounts of boost immediately. Our cars do not fit that criteria.

I've also emailed turbosmart for clarification about the binary venting and the actuation and got no response. The answer is simply... someone from turbosmart needs to come out and explain their products. And no the answer isn't "buy it and find out for yourself so you have first hand experience" Yes, I must also buy the tree sap acne medication so I will learn first hand that it works, instead of asking questions to become an educated consumer before putting my money places and putting questionable things on my face... smh

And I really do not see how "I am speaking in definitive terms" when from the very beginning I sought clarification on the hardware of the device. I speak definitively about the effects of such hardware, but I do not speak definitely about what hardware and how the BOV operates. Go back at my posts. They have question marks at the end of my sentences.

On top of the hardware clarifications I have, I am also unsure and believe the turbosmart valve will throw a CEL. The DME has set values that it reads to know the DV is functioning properly, something like the turbosmart valve is likely to confuse the system and give a CEL. The DV+ valve even can give a CEL if run in a certain configuration on the main spring. But at least the DV+ has the option to change the spring config to avoid this... turbosmart does not.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-16-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0