View Single Post
      07-21-2016, 11:12 PM   #235
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Also got confirmation from BMW Genius tonight that after not being part of the initial 202 cars, my VIN is now listed in the 1,200+ cars affected.

I am pretty bummed, and little frustrated, right now. Ordered a 2016 MY car back in March for a presumed June delivery. Car got pushed back to late July delivery supposedly because of the XT1 dash. I was finally about 1 week from delivery. Now I am being told that the car will stay at the VPC in CA with no information whatsoever about when it will fixed and released.

I asked the genius if we're talking days, weeks or months. He told me he had no information but that BMW doesn't currently have enough differentials on hand to fix all the cars affected... So we are probably talking weeks. By then, 2017 MY will be well underway and I will have a car that is brand new but already one model year old, and has therefore seriously depreciated.

Again, not super happy right now. I sure hope BMW figures out a plan soon and takes care of its M customers. Make that repeat customers in my case...

Rant over.

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0