12-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #928
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
AS is street oriented. In all honestly BMW has some of most archaic adaptive dampers in the business. Magnetic dampers are light years better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I don't really have a stake in this argument...but I have always wondered if the active suspension in my F80 is broken. There's no appreciable difference in any of the modes, especially relative to the changes you get when changing the steering or throttle selections.
+1
The Adaptive Suspension or EDC that BMW uses might be based on older and less effective system than the competition currently does but they been successfully implementing it for many years.

I have to believe if it wasn't efficient or didn't meet their high standards, BMW/GmBH engineers would of discontinued offering it a long time ago.

Instead, they ramped up its usage and made it standard in all future G Series M3/M4.

So it must be doing something right, they just enjoy wasting unnecessary resources or the few random members here with their magic 'coilovers' are more knowledgeable than the seasoned engineers that design these cars for a living.

Here's a video from 1997 utilizing the same system, so if it's not broken, why try to fix it.

Forward to 13:00

Appreciate 0