11-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #1517
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Shoulders and Biceps today! Over all a solid day. Sometimes I struggle to hit shoulders as hard as I would want to. Depends on the day. Slaughtered Biceps though,

Yesterday was back and triceps and my back is sore as hell today. My gym has these custom grips (MAG) that really isolate your back when doing pulldowns and rows. They allow me to move a lot more weight as well because it moves some of the tension from your grip to your palms/wrists. I know their designs are patent pending, but I am a really big fan. Never seen anything like them at any gym I've ever been to.

https://www.maxagrip.com/products/
I came across those a pretty long time ago. Think I mentioned it once in one of the posts here. They work so great, I actually bought a pair to take with me to the gym. Everyone kept wanting to borrow them, so the gym owner bought one. It disappeared, and he bought another...then that one turned up missing. He said screw it...so now I'm taking mine again when I go and don't leave it unattended.

I have a close-grip neutral and a Medium Grip Supinate.

To look at it, you wouldn't think it would be any different than any other variation of a pull-down attachment.

But when using it, I swear it feels like I'm pulling with my elbows as it takes my forearms and wrist out of the equation.