View Single Post
      01-31-2017, 09:46 PM   #129
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

Broker Assist

So I first want to say, it is worth the wait. I picked up my M2 BSM 6spd last week and it is everything I had hoped for and more!!!!

Nine months ago I called my pal at SF BMW who said it was gonna be a long wait, their first M2 went off the floor at $20K over MSRP (and they continue to get well over MSRP). Soooooo, I called a car broker I had used for my wife's car and said hey, can you find an allocation at MSRP?...to which he said he would look into it and got back to me. Next day he called informing me there were no opportunities yet, but in time it would happen; and when it did I would have 24 hrs to say yay or nay. So when the broker called in mid October, I was ready to say yay...and indeed the order went in specd as desired (BSM 6 spd, Exec and Apple play). My broker then called a few weeks later and informed me that my car was going to be built during the first to second week of December....and should arrive in California port Jan 15th. Of course I went into hyper drive, kinda freaked that maybe I should have waited to the LCI etc...etc...
Gotta say, I am still in break in mode but this car far exceeded my expectation which were pretty high. So be patient, and it will happen, personally I would call a few of the brokers in your area. Mine charged me $750 over and was worth every penny.
Appreciate 0