10-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Story View Post
I have contacted about 6 dealers in SoCal for an allocation for the M2 ED.

Two dealers have said they have no allocation at all.

Two have said they do, one wants over MSRP (he was upfront about it).

Another two said they dont have allocation but will soon, and that I should place my order at the beginning of January (to see what the "market" on the M2 will be like).

Since Im paying cash, should I arrange my order now as opposed to at the end of the year?
For ED, you can buy from any dealer in the country that has an allocation available - they can always request "courtesy delivery" as part of the ED Purchase Order to have it delivered to a local dealer, provided the local dealer accepts the request (if they don't at first, you can promise them service work to grease the wheels...).

If you want to do ED in April (make it 4/15 or later so you don't have to rent all season wheels & tires), then you have to have a first quarter allocation which will not be available until mid-Dec. If you wait until Jan, the first quarter allocations will most likely be gone by then. Your method of payment has no relevance to the ordering process. Don't pay over sticker.