12-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #17
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Cool. Glad you're happy. I dream of more. I dream of better. More power. Better sound. Better lap times. Some of us still have dreams.

Yes, rare failure mode on the S55, though enough have surfaces even on this forum. Hence the smiley, half joking.

And yes, I am one of those people chasing lap times. I want to go faster every year as I visit same tracks every year. And when I upgrade cars it's to aid in this mission.

As for Voodoos eating oil, the simple fix to that is taking it to a track and letting it get up to temp and letting it stay in the high RPM band (for the most part). My Coyote ate a quart in the first 3000 miles. Than I took it to track day and revved the shit out of it for 7 30 min sessions. Redline every shift, then let off in the braking zone and give it a few seconds off throttle before hitting the brakes. It didn't eat a single drop after. Sold it at 38k miles and another 14 track days with no oil consumed. THIS is how I plan on breaking in my next Voodoo. If that works, sweet. If not I feed it oil. If the motor brakes Ford is paying for a new one. So can't hurt.

Voodoos need even more heat to seat the rings, and most owners baby them. How many of those cars do you think see over 6000rpm? This is why they have issues with eating oil. Though to be fair the hand building process doesn't help either.
Oh, so now you are insinuating that some us dont have dreams anymore? LOL. More power? My tuned F80 would have ate my GT350 for lunch man. Outside of a track, the GT350 is just another Mustang. Ya, the F80 sounded sub-par, and I could give two shits about lap times on a track. Just try not to act superior to others with the "no dreams" comment, simply because you like to track your cars. I just came from an F90 M5 that would destroy most cars in a strait line (power dreams?), but was a bit boring and uber quiet for my tastes. And the tranny, as good as it is, is boring compared to DCT, and massively boring compared to a 6-speed.

I break my cars in more on the aggressive side, so I didnt baby that GT350 for shit when I broke it in. I still had to add oil every couple thou. But it sounds like I never drove it as hard as you drove yours, so apples to oranges I guess.

Like I said, I had an '15 F80 that I got back in Sept of 14, and had it Dinan tuned to over 500hp at 400 miles. Broke it in rather hard (as I did to all my M's), and never had an issue with a spun hub (or anything with the S55, for that matter). Of course I dont keep cars over 20k miles, or out of warranty, so I am zero concerned with engine longevity over 5-10 years.

Enjoy your car...and continue to follow your dreams....
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00