12-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #89
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Slap on the wrist for Ferrari, for what was clearly a breach of the fuel regulations.

I agree with Horner, it warranted a disqualification.
According Binotto :

“I don’t think there is very much to explain. There has been a discrepancy between measurements. We are simply waiting for a decision and we don’t know much.”

“We believe that our measurements are all correct,” he added. “So there is one measurement which is not correct.”

The FIA introduced random checks of car’s pre-race fuel weight at the beginning of the season to ensure they comply with the maximum limit of 110kg of fuel per race. Teams have to declare how much fuel they have put in their cars. When Leclerc’s car was checked in Abu Dhabi, it was found to contain almost 4.88kg more than the declaration.

Binotto said his team’s cars have had their fuel weights checked on many previous occasions with no problems. “I think this year we have been checked at least 10 times,” he said. “It’s not the first time, we’ve always been OK and today we got a discrepancy.”

Well....I wonder where the Jet-Mode was ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58891.50