United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2/AW/6MT; '16 X5 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HODLM View Post
Looks incredible!

If I could have done individual paint I would have done Imola Red, so I've been considering a red wrap for a while. Your pictures could put a dent in my wallet.

Q: is there no Imola Red wrap available? Do you have to pick something close?
Thanks for all the comments guys, I also shared the same feeling about wanting to do an individual order in red. My E46 M3 is Imola Red so I'm very partial to it. I think if I had the option to do the Individual I would've went with Ferrari Red for the M2 as I think it looks slightly better in a brighter red.

I priced out many different wrap shops and even ordered the 3M booklet with all their color options so I could directly compare the color to my current Imola Red. For wrap pricing 3-4k seems to be the average; I went with Protective Film Solutions in Orange County as they were close to me, offered great service, great communication, very good pricing and good timeline. They were very accomodating to everything and they installed all of my M performance parts which they also wrapped in XPEL Ultimate so the timing was perfect.

So how does the Dragon Fire Red compare to Imola Red? As you can see it's very photogenic and appears very deep red in bright light but is definitely brighter in the sun to the visual eye. A real "Fire" color if I would say as there are moments when you can see an orange hue to it so it's definitely on the brighter side of Red. There are moments when it appears darker as well, its very dependent on the light but is very nice. Imola Red is deeper and quite a bit darker by comparison. 3M does not specifically have a color that would compare directly to Imola Red. In my search there was a wrap where the owner mentioned it was a nearly exact match to Imola Red however the manufacturer was not well known to me and did not have a reputation of reliability. Based on my research I concluded that the only two companies I would consider for a wrap were 3M and Avery based on reputation, reviews, etc... Luckily out of these two companies if you want something closer to Imola the best I found was the Avery Dennison SW900- Gloss Carmine Red. I don't think it's a perfect match but that would've been my second choice. When the time comes to replace my current wrap I may be more inclined to give this a try; I've been told that a wrap can last up to 5years based on care so we will see how I do.
Very helpful information! Thank you!
Appreciate 1