View Single Post
      09-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #60
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
I am installing the Dinan Intercooler next week prior to a day at Thunderhill (eventually I will add the big turbo, probably in a year or so); currently I am running the Stage 1 Dinantronics and a Fabspeed Sport Cat 200 cell. Anyhow, my question is about charge pipes. It sounds like it would be smart to also install an aluminum charge pipe with the intercooler. Can you advise on the differences, I noticed a range of prices. I am thinking a black one would be preferred as I am hoping to minimize the attention I get from the BMW service guys. Along those lines does a charge add to the risk that the service team will flag my car?...and are there any specific warranty issues to think about when changing to an aftermarket charge pipe?

note: one of the reasons I went the Dinan route is the hope it will not void my warranty.
I believe a lot of owners assume that Dinan will not void the warranty....not accurate. If you carefully read the language on their website ( yep I am a damn lawyer) it appears that Dinan will "cover" their parts just like the factory but Dinan is solely responsible to cover repairs....so at the end of the day you are relying on a third party to fix your car not BMW. If I am wrong I would like to hear from others who have had to make a Dinan claim. Dinan tells its customers:
"The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer’s components."

Last edited by Twt; 09-29-2018 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0