View Single Post
      07-27-2021, 07:41 AM   #8
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

1) M2 is an easy manual car to drive as far as manuals go. Easy clutch, hill assist and all that.

2) Far from dangerous if you are mature. Start learning at a comfortable pace then add speed into corners and situations, not the other way around. Yes, if you get in the car and turn all electronics off and floor it without a lot of skill you'll end up in a wall.

3) M2 is better for daily driving in a city area as it is a tad softer due to bushings and simpler motor. M2C is a better track car due to better brakes and better cooling. Heat on a track is the enemy of an M2 as brakes will fade and even in stock form you get good heat soak. For a $10k difference if you really plan to track I'd go M2C personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fined View Post
M2 has an easy manual driving experience.

An M2 of any kind would be way down on my list for a fun car if there are other cars available at home to drive when you need them. Something lighter and preferably with hydraulic steering would be far better for fun driving. In the price range of an M2 there are great options out there if the priority truly is about 'driving feel and fun'.
Also true, staying close to type the 987, 997 and E92 M3 immediately come to mind and that's before going off on a tangent into Lotus and other more focused cars like that. But you also live in NYC so balance is important, and you mentioned you have a family so the practicality may be vital. I have a toddler and was at Cayman vs. M2, but the ability to take my daughter with me won out, even though the Cayman is hands down a better 'driver's car' for feel.

Last edited by carchrism5; 07-27-2021 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Fined243.00