United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.boost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Firstly, I'm talking about what's possible. Secondly, not interested in CF roof unless it comes from the factory. Love the look but not worth the hassle. So everything can easily be put back to stock when you are about to sell. Lastly, you keep bringing the resale value but I personally couldn't care less about resale value. I buy my cars to enjoy both on the street and the track not store them in garage year along except for a few weekend drives hoping they will keep their value. In other words, someone could say even tracking a car takes away from the resale value so putting OEM M performance parts on a car least of my concerns. I even went ahead and invested in better and lighter brakes as well as a coilover system, which already improves over what CS is rumored to have. That being said, let's wait for the CS pricing and we'll see if the comp still makes sense or not.

On a separate note though, I'm really surprised and glad at the same time that you are very interested in the CS. I thought there were plenty of other cars for you out there that can put the power down and not sound like garbage
Looks like you're taking this awfully personally, when my comment started out as a general observation to those who do NOT currently own the comp. Of course you will justify why the comp makes sense, you've already bought it!

I still think the sound is the biggest downfall of the s55, but some exhaust systems have come out now that seem to make it more tolerable. It's not great and will never sound as nice as the N55, but it does have more power and that's the sacrifice. I don't want to wait until the next generation, or waste thousands modding my OG to try to be something it isn't.

Thank god I have a Porsche for my aural satisfaction anyway.
If you read my comments, you'll see that I actually even consider upgrading to CS in a couple years depending on pricing. So nothing personal and nothing to justify. I just try to look at it from both sides CS is great and a better package then M2C as it should be. All it matters is the pricing at this point. I don't care about OG, Comp, CS, GTS etc. I didn't develep these cars so have no deep connection and will probably be in a different car in 2-3 years anyway. So neither yours nor others' comments hurt me in any way lol. This is not a sports team that I'm passionately rooting for.

Edit: Btw same thing can be said about you as well about justifying something that you already bought Anyways it's always fun to witness how shit talking can turn into admiration lol.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Appreciate 1