10-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #69
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB-M2 View Post
Hi

yesterday i tried to fit the FTP charges to my M2. Finally finsihed it. Chargepipe was nice&smooth to fit.
The Boostpipe was a pain in the a**. After mount it to the turbo, i wasnt ablento put it on the intercooler. It has a loose fit on the turbo, but but try to get hose and intercooler in line was a differnze in the hight of around 10mm to low in the best position.
After several trys i push the aloy fitting of the Boostpipe on the intercooler, an push the rubber full on the aloypipe. Then loose the screw of the intercooler to get both in line. Pull the rubber on the aloy mount, tighten it. Push intercoller back in Position and then tighten then rubber on the hose.
Good bloody hands in this small area. Hope now it fits right, doesnt start the engine jet.

Btw, the Boostpipe touch softly one of the water?hose of the turbo. Is this Ok or risky, to get damage by movement of the hoses?

Hope my english is understandable.

LG Christian
It's hard to say, but I would check it after a few miles to make sure its on there. Typically they won't move unless you do.