View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #58
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
My guess is that the M2, which has until now been spared massive depreciation, will soon descend in value like most any other car, perhaps a bit slower than most, but the descent will be painful for those not expecting it.
In spite of all of this, if the right car and the right deal came along, I'd probably trade my 135i coupe in on it and take the new car depreciation hit. But on a strictly financial basis, I'd rather be the 2nd owner than the 1st one.
Totally agree. It will depreciate... it is not a collectible like the 1M... so those that think the early days of zero depreciation will continue are in for a disappointment. But it will be slower than most cars.

I am typically a 2 year old buyer of most of my cars... avoiding that initial depreciation hit... but I really wanted an M2 and did not want to wait a few years, and on a car like this, you never know how it has been driven when buying used. Super happy I took the plunge!

All that being said, if they totally replace the base M2 with the M2 Comp... and it is $10K higher in MSRP... that will buoy the pricing of the base M2 on the used market. Those that are thinking BMW will not want to abandon the entry owner just have to look at the M240i for the solution.
Appreciate 1