Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I keep hearing that, and I'm so surprised to hear it from you.
We're talking about German engineering here, and you really don't believe they could make the paint stick?
I respectfully disagree, and would add that I know of an automotive undercoating that doesn't even need to be scuffed to stick forever. But forever is a long time, so that's why I don't recommend it here.
I once heard through the grapevine FWIW (unverified) that quality requirements require even merely the symbol/icon on a button inside the interior must last unscathed for at least 10 years. If a supplier cannot guarantee that, it won't make it to production.

So let's just say that it wouldn't be a surprise. Painting with heat resistant paint is possible and dark paint partially obscures its size, but nevertheless BMW refrains from doing it (unlike for example exhaust tips or configurator renders).
You're right about this but owners just don't want accept it.. Just look at the color fading on Blue Brake, after a few hot laps.. That speaks for itself..

The writing is on the wall; they didn't paint the exhaust black to conceal it because they knew they would possible be bombarded with warranty claims..

There is no way in hell they missed this glowing eyesore below, in pre-production and just decided to to leave it, as is, just for the hell of it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0