Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
I was wondering the same about the octane because the butt dyno that the OP was describing kind of sounds like the butt dyno of those who have only installed a sportcat (no tune).
I drove the car for a while with just the DP and after the stage 1 tune there was a noticeable increase in power beyond just the DP but I wouldn't call it dramatic. However, my plan was not to be on stage 1 and moving to stage 2 next week after IC install. Hopefully, stage 2 will be significantly more. Maybe if your plan is to just stay at stage 1 it's not worth the warranty risk and you just stick to the DP. However, there is always a risk your dealer hassles you even with a DP and no tune.

In the end, I decided that I bought the car to enjoy now rather than wait for something in the future that I may do after the warranty is up. Didn't make sense for me, at least.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm in same boat you are except you are ahead of me....will be installing fabspeed cat soon, along with charge pipe. Will ultimately go stg2 bm3 with a new IC. I have access to 93oct so I'm looking forward to the results!

Also wanted to know why you regret the Wagner... CEL? I was the opposite...I so wanted to do the Wagner to save some $$ but caved in the end lol
Appreciate 0