View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
Thanks so much for the write up. I did a Wagner catted DP already ( wish I did the Fabspeed) and was looking at the same mods going forward. My car is mostly for track, DE and TT, but I also have to limit my whp/weight for classing. The DP really woke up the motor, which now has 425/fp of torque. I put in the Awron gauge, which is very nice, and saw my IAT was way too high which means I was loosing power. The Wagner Comp FMIC looks like a great option, but was debating whether the 2 vs 1 would create more lag. I was researching the Dinan Stage 1 and the Bootmod3 as options and am leaning towards the latter, so your write up was helpful.
Moving to a Stage 2 tune with the DP, my understanding is lag won't be an issue. Mike at Extreme Powerhouse will hook you up with a good deal and insight--he's great. He recommended the Evo 2 Comp as it's a bit bigger and same style as stock and I'm in a hot climate. I also considered Dinan but realized after talking to them that the Stage 1 tune (which is very expensive alone) would likely not produce much more power than what the sport cat already did. Also, they said if you have a DP or other non Dinan mods it voids their warranty which I thought was lame. In the end, Dinan is piggyback and not as smooth and crazy expensive. Although, I've used them in the past and liked the tune on my 328--YMMV. In the end a flash tune such as bm3 will be smoother and superior to piggyback and you can make changes on your own on the fly. You have to have dealer do software updates for Dinan. Maybe if you want Dinan's stage 4 and big turbo (and have $$$$ laying around), you may consider. The bm3 you tweak and update as maps are updated and for less money you can go right to stage 2 with an IC upgrade. Good luck with your decision--part of the fun!
Appreciate 0